I can’t believe we are heading into our 4th week of quarantine. There is just so much to miss. And the heaviness that is lingering in the air makes it harder to find joy during the Covid-19 crisis.
At the same time, I’ve been reminded of how joy comes from the tiniest of moments. Even during these dark, scary times, finding tiny moments of joy while quarantined is not something to feel guilty about. Finding joy is what will carry us through, until we reach the other side.
Below are a few of the ways I have been able to experience tiny moments of joy during this time.
Tips to Find Joy
1. Slowly drink your coffee in the morning, and pay attention to how it tastes. Find joy on your tongue.
2. Play your favorite song. Turn off all of your devices, close your eyes, and really listen.
3. Watch a show that makes you laugh. My go-to’s have been Key and Peele, Broad City, SNL reruns, etc. Laughing is one of the best ways to experience a moment of joy.
4. Daydream. It can be about anything, even if it’s what you’re making for dinner.
5. Listen to the rain. Or the birds chirping. Or the breeze. Or your breath.
6. Take a hot shower. It’s cleansing in more ways than one.
7. Stretch, even if you simply reach your arms up to the sky for a moment, right now.
8. Cheer for healthcare workers at 7pm. Or have a private moment of gratitude for everyone who is out there on the front line in your community.
9. Do something kind for someone else – a simple check in can do wonders.
And, The Book of Delights by Ross Gay is a wonderful read, that can help inspire you to find joy in small moments.
What are some of the ways that you have been able to find joy during this time? Please share by leaving a comment below!