I can’t believe we are heading into our 4th week of quarantine. There is just so much to miss. And the heaviness that is lingering in the air makes it harder to experience moments of joy while quarantined during the Covid-19 crisis.
At the same time, I’ve been reminded of how joy comes from the tiniest of moments. And even during these dark, scary times, creating tiny moments of joy while quarantined is not something to feel guilty about – it is what will carry us through, until we reach the other side.
Below are a few of the ways I have been able to experience tiny moments of joy during this time.
1. Slowly drink your coffee in the morning, and pay attention to how it tastes.
2. Play your favorite song. Turn off all of your devices, close your eyes, and really listen.
3. Watch a show that makes you laugh. My go-to’s have been Key and Peele, Broad City, SNL reruns, etc.
4. Daydream. It can be about anything, even if it’s what you’re making for dinner.
5. Listen to the rain. Or the birds chirping. Or the breeze. Or your breath.
6. Take a hot shower. It’s cleansing in more ways than one.
7. Stretch, even if you simply reach your arms up to the sky for a moment, right now.
8. Cheer for healthcare workers at 7pm. Or have a private moment of gratitude for everyone who is out there on the front line in your community.
9. Do something kind for someone else – a simple check in can do wonders.
What are some of the ways that you have been creating tiny moments of joy during this time? Please share by leaving a comment below!